AVA- Taliban launched their offensive on the city from two directions before dawn on Tuesday, capturing some areas in the city.
In a statement, the defense ministry said that the captured areas had been retaken by the Afghan forces following an operation which involved ground and air forces.
It said that 198 insurgents were killed while dozens more wounded. It did not give any casualty toll on Afghan forces side.
Provincial Governor Abdul Basir Salangi, however, said that 25 government forces were killed.
MoD’s statement said that militants used civilians as human shields, slowing the operation.
It said that the clean-up operation was ongoing in the outskirts of the city and other districts of the province.