Like 0

Erdogan Claims Consulate Cameras Removed Before Khashoggi Killing

A team of Saudi Arabian agents began arriving in Turkey the day before journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed, President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday.
Erdogan Claims Consulate Cameras Removed Before Khashoggi Killing

He also said that cameras at the consulate had been removed the day before the team’s arrival.
Erdogan, who also said the issue of diplomatic immunity would also be discussed in regards to the case, was speaking at a meeting of his AK Party in parliament. He had previously promised to detail Turkey’s investigation of the case.
Erdogan said a Saudi team of 15 entered the consulate the day of the killing, and that three men from the team went on an exploration trip to Belgrad forest in Istanbul and Yalova, a 90-kilometre drive south of Istanbul.
On Monday, Saudi Arabian officials said they do not know details of how dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed in their consulate in Istanbul or where his body was.
Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said on Sunday Khashoggi was approached by “Saudi security team” when he entered the consulate and their account of what happened after that differed from that of Turkish officials, which prompted the Saudis to investigate.
“He was killed in the consulate. We don’t know in terms of details how. We don’t know where the body is,” Jubeir said. “We are determined to uncover every stone. ... We are determined to punish those who are responsible for this murder.”
Jubeir was the first senior Saudi official to speak on the record since the Saudis admitted on Saturday that Khashoggi was dead.
The Saudis have laid out different versions of the circumstances that led to the death of Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist and critic of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who was not seen after entering the consulate on Oct. 2.
The crown prince has denied any involvement.
Jubeir called the killing of Khashoggi a terrible mistake and offered condolences to his family. The journalist has relatives still living in Saudi Arabia and three children who hold US citizenship.
“This is a terrible mistake. This is a terrible tragedy. Our condolences go out to them. We feel their pain,” Jubeir said in the interview. “Unfortunately, a huge and grave mistake was made and I assure them that those responsible will be held accountable for this.”
 
Source : Afghan Voice Agency(AVA)
Tuesday 23 October 2018 15:21
Story Code: 172986 Copy text available
Your Name

Your Email Address
Your Comment *