Wahid Majroh, the Public Health Ministry’s spokesman, confirmed the dead bodies of four civilians and 22 injured people had been evacuated to different hospitals in Kabul.
An eyewitness, Ahmad Fawad, however, told Pajhwok eight people, including a traffic police officer and three women, were killed and several others were wounded in the blast.
Najib Danish, Ministry of Interior (MoI) spokesman, said the suicide bomber blew himself up after police recognized him before entering the protest rally.
But a security official, who did not want to be named, said the bomber targeted the rally participants, killing eight people and injuring another six.
The blast took place when the protesters were leaving the area.
President Ashraf Ghani condemned the blast and said terrorists will never reach their goals by carrying out such criminal acts, but they will increase the hatred of people for themselves.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the suicide attack.
Source : Afghan Voice Agency(AVA)
Monday 12 November 2018 19:22