Publish dateSunday 26 May 2024 - 10:27
Story Code : 290957
Bayer Leverkusen won the German Cup
Bayer Leverkusen defeated Kaiserslautern 1-0 in the final of the German Cup to lift the trophy.
Afghan Voice Agency (AVA): Bayer Leverkusen and Kaiserslautern met in the final of the German Cup, where Xabi Alonso's team won 1-0 with Granit Xhaka's spectacular goal.

Leverkusen was coming into this match after losing in the Europa League final, and Xabi Alonso's students were motivated to win the domestic double after winning the Bundesliga.

Leverkusen had more possession in the first 10 minutes, but the opposing team soon created a dangerous situation. In the 3rd minute, Hanslik threatened Leverkusen's goal with a powerful left-footed shot from the right side of the penalty area, but Lukas Hradecki's reaction blocked the ball well.

Leverkusen's pressure on the opponent's goal began until they scored the winning goal in the 16th minute. Granit Xhaka was heading towards the penalty area when the ball was blocked in front of him and his powerful left-footed shot went wide of the keeper's hands.

Grimaldo had a chance to score the second goal on Xhaka's pass in the 26th minute, but while he had Jeremy Frimpong and Chic by his side, Tomiak blocked the opportunity well.

Leverkusen was in good control of the ball and the field and had given the opponent less than 25% possession until the end of the first half.

In the last minutes of the first half, the game was in favor of Leverkusen, when a mistake made Xabi's team down to 10. Odilon Kasuno, who received a yellow card in the 4th minute, received a second yellow card in the 44th minute and was sent off.

Xabi, who saw his team's advantage in danger, brought Stanisic and Adli into the game in the second half to reduce the heavy pressure of Kaiserslautern on his team's goal.

In the 48th minute of the game, the referee ordered to stop the game so that the smoke formed in the stadium due to the incendiary substances would decrease and the players of both teams would be able to see properly to continue the game.

The first serious chance of the second half was created by Leverkusen, when in the 55th minute Stanisic's dangerous header on Grimaldo's pass went wide of the goal.

Although Leverkusen had one less player, they controlled the flow of the game in the second half. In the 75th minute, after dribbling the goalkeeper, Florin Wirtz tried to pass the ball to Frimpong, but his wrong pass deprived Leverkusen of the opportunity to score the second goal.

Kaiserslautern's efforts in the second half, like in the first 45 minutes, did not lead to a dangerous situation on the opponent's goal, and they could not create a serious opportunity to change the result of the game.

The fourth referee announced 8 minutes of extra time due to the missed opportunities due to the stoppage of the game. In this period of time, despite the intense game, Leverkusen finally won to win the second trophy under the leadership of Alonso.
Post a comment
Your Name
Your Email Address