Like 0

Malistan district remains in security forces’ control

Local officials in southern Ghazni province on Monday rejected the Malistan district had fallen to the Taliban, claiming enough forces were available in the district.
Malistan district remains in security forces’ control
Meanwhile, the Taliban claimed they captured Malistan district and inflicted casualties on dozens of security forces.
The Ghazni governor’s spokesman, Mohammad Arif, told Pajhwok Afghan News there had been fighting between Taliban gunmen and security forces in Malistan but the district did not fall.
He said the Taliban suffered heavy casualties in the firefight, but exact numbers were not available.
Addressing reporters in Kabul, Army Chief Mohammad Sharif Yaftali acknowledged the commando forces suffered casualties during clashes in Malistan.
He said a large number of the Taliban were also killed during last night airstrike in the district.
He said reinforcements had been dispatched to ensure security of Malistan and Jaghori districts of Ghazni province.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed the fighters killed 24 commandos and other security personnel during clashes in Malistan district.
He claimed the rebels seized the district centre, the police headquarters and six defense posts.
He added two Taliban fighters were killed and three others injured during the attacks but they seized a large number of weapons and ammunitions.

 
Source : Afghan Voice Agency(AVA)
Monday 12 November 2018 16:58
Story Code: 173923 Copy text available
Your Name

Your Email Address
Your Comment *